Essex “Step-By-Step” Approach
1. Determine Where You Want To Live
Where does Essex build?
- Speak with one of our regional sales managers about the many Essex communities across Erie and Niagara counties, or discuss the possibility of building on your own lot.
2. Determine Affordability
How much equity will you receive from your existing home?
- Market analysis of your existing home.
- Contingent on sale of existing home (see “Strategy for Contingent Sale” below).
What type of mortgage program are you comfortable with?
- Meet with an approved mortgage lender for pre-qualification for your end loan/mortgage approval.
3. Determine Timing and Place Your Lot On Hold
When would you like to move into your new home?
- Building your new home requires approximately 5-6 months which depends on the floor plan, size, etc.
- Time to plan prior to construction
- Construction begins upon release of all contingencies.
- An initial deposit holds your lot.
4. Select A Floor Plan For Your New Home
What are your needs and wants for your new home?
- Discuss floor plans with an Essex Sales Representative with regards to size, rooms, styles, etc.
- Review standard features, benefits and options with your Essex Sales Representative.
5. Finalize the Details of Your New Home
Does it meet your needs structurally and financially?
- Discuss your modifications and pricing with your Essex Sales Representative along with any drawings, special needs, etc.
- Decide on options being considered so that the agreement may be written.
6. Let’s Proceed
What is the next step?
- Sign the agreement.
- Release your new home to construction.
Lot Hold, Custom Pricing & Deposit Structure
- Your deposit reserves a home site for initial estimating purposes and entitles you to future custom pricing of your new Essex home, when pre-qualified.
(Applied Toward Purchase Price)
- Releases all contingencies (if applicable), the home is released for construction and the production process begins.
- The purchasers will meet with the Production department for a Plan Review to finalize their new home plans, which begins the permit process.
- Selection process begins.
Strategy for Contingent Sale
- Market analysis with recommended real estate professional.
- Determine list price with projected timing to sell.
- Marketing plan to accomplish goals, including an aggressive sales strategy.
- Sign contingent contract with Essex Homes locking in pricing for 60 days.
*Above information is subject to change without notice. Please contact your Essex Sales Representative for the most up-to-date information, including specific details on deposit amounts and refund policies.