Essex Step-By-Step Approach
Essex "Step-By-Step" Approach
Determine Where You Want To Live
Where does Essex build?
- Speak with an Essex Sales Manager about the many Essex communities across Erie and Niagara counties, or discuss the possibility of building on your own lot.
How much equity will you receive from your existing home?
- Market analysis of your existing home
- Contingent on sale of existing home (see “Strategy for Contingent Sale” below)
What type of mortgage program are you comfortable with?
- Meet with an approved mortgage lender for pre-qualification for your end loan/mortgage approval
Determine Timing & Place Your Lot On Hold
When would you like to move into your new home?
- Building your new home requires approximately 7-8 months which depends on the floor plan, size, etc.
- Time to plan prior to construction
- Construction begins upon release of all contingencies
- An initial deposit holds your lot
Select A Floor Plan For Your New Home
What are your needs and wants for your new home?
- Discuss floor plans with an Essex Sales Representative with regards to size, rooms, styles, etc.
- Review standard features, benefits and options with your Essex Sales Manager
Finalize The Details Of Your New Home
Does it meet your needs structurally and financially?
- Discuss your modifications and pricing with your Essex Sales Manager along with any drawings, special needs, etc.
- Decide on options being considered so that the agreement may be written
What is the next step?
- Sign the agreement
- Release your new home to construction
Lot Hold, Custom Pricing & Deposit Structure
- Once pre-qualified, your deposit reserves a home site for ballpark estimating purposes to ensure your new home needs and wants are comfortably met within your budget
- Your deposit then entitles your initial estimate to move forward to the custom pricing stage where your Essex Sales Manager will review everything in detail with you
- Contract-ready custom pricing, along with one round of non-structural revisions, allows you to value engineer your home based on what is important to you and your family
(Applied Toward Purchase Price)
- Releases all contingencies (if applicable), the home is released for construction and the production process begins
- Meet with our Production Dept. for a Plan Review to finalize your new home plan, beginning the permit process
- Selection process begins
Strategy For Contingent Sale
- Market analysis with recommended real estate professional
- Determine list price for future real estate listings with projected timing to sell
- Marketing plan to accomplish goals, including an aggressive sales strategy
- Sign contingent contract with Essex Homes locking in pricing for 60 days
*Above information is subject to change without notice. Please contact your Essex Sales Manager for the most up-to-date information, including specific details on deposit amounts and refund policies.